Countdown to 2010

I decided that 2009's New Year's Eve to be a random day where anything goes. After traveling from Bukit Bintang's Pavilion for a movie, headed down to Jalan Ipoh and subsequently, to Ampang Jaya for a finale treat (McDonald's sundae dessert, yummy...).

Left Jalan Ipoh at 11.42pm, hoping to catch a glimpse of the fireworks when the clock struck midnight. Drove slowly along Jalan Tun Razak and it was packed with cars parked by the roadside. So for once in the year, I could sidepark on a busy main road and catch the fireworks! And the place was really good to look at the city view as it was also higher too.

When the clock struck midnight, and 1st January 2010 was here, the first glimpse of the fireworks was spotted from the area of Dataran Merdeka (notice right side of the photo, behind the lamp post).

Left shot of Jalan Tun Razak, the place where I side-parked to see fireworks. It was just about 50 metres from the exit to AKLEH expressway. Stood exactly in front of the Celcom building.

Right shot from where I was.

Most beautiful fireworks display actually (from where I was) came from the area in KLCC. The sky was literally showered with lights.

And so, that was some coverage from where I was in the midnight of 31st December 2009 and the morning of 1st January 2010. It was indeed a spectacular year of ups and downs, and seriously I love what had happened throughout the 12 months period. I knew many great friends whom I would've never met if I hadn't chosen to do what I've done then.

Now that 2010 is here. It's time to really create lemonade from lemons I have accumulated till now!

God bless you. Have a wonderful year ahead!

2 comments:

manuel said...

Thanks for sharing the pics - at least it wasn't as misty as here. We stood next to a big river (Rhine) and couldn't even see the fireworks on the other side. Then it started snowing/raining and we realized it was German winter :) Anyway: good fun.

Melvin Chan said...

Hope you had fun too in Germany. Send my regards to your family and friends at home! Hope to see you soon.

Cheers and God bless. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails