Show Me What's In the Bikini!


Have you ever wondered that what would I sell if I have ever given away my products or things that I sell for FREE?

Honestly, when I just started the company, I was constantly looking for sales. Quite aggressively too. My objective was to ensure each and every trip I made to the prospect was ended up with sales on each and every product I have in my inventory. However, with each prospect I visited and pitched to, they never buy. Instead, Malaysians being Malaysians, they are constantly looking for free stuff.

And it's not such a bad thing at all.

I recently came across someone sharing about the bikini concept. If I am to ask you to put a percentage figure on how much flesh you can see in a lady in bikini, how much would it be? 90%? Right! And I realise business is just like that! We have to keep in mind that we should be ready to give away 90% of our stuff for FREE. Subsequently, people would be ready to pay for another 10% which may be the most "attractive" part of the..ehem..in this case business. And yes, everyone wants to see the part where the bikini doesn't reveal, and this is where the big money comes in. Forget about the small money at the beginning!

So, the mentality of the Malaysian customers are not that difficult to deal with anyway.

I hope this will stuck into your mind for the rest of your life. And this is such an interesting and easy concept to remember, isn't it? :D

Signing off.

2 comments:

theeggyolks said...

wow! this is brilliant! I'm so impressed with this theory!

Melvin Chan said...

Interestingly, I actually got a question from a friend in Facebook. Question is : Are you willing to part with the 90% AND do you know how to make that 10% work?
Thanks Bernard for the great q!

Related Posts with Thumbnails