Camera Please!

Just realised what I have missed big time without cameras. Can't take pictures of great moments and it is even more crucial to have a camera than ever before with more programs and events lining up in the company. Was really upset earlier that we couldn't have a group photo with the client before they leave with all inspired faces at the end of our program. Those are moments to be remembered and yet, I can't capture them!

So I need a camera. Full stop.

Say, my budget will be around RM800 to RM1,800, any good cameras to recommend from brands like Canon, Olympus or Nikon?

What I have in mind? Probably something like the one below:

Canon G11

Appreciate if some of the readers here could offer good advice on getting a real good camera with reasonable price. :)

Cheers!

6 comments:

K Azwan said...

The Canon G11 is a good all rounder camera, one of the best compact cameras out there. G11 takes good and crystal clear photos, so you will not go wrong with it. Other choices would be Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (18x) or Nikon Coolpix P90 (24x), both are super-zoom cameras. If compact is your choice, G11 is the best, although it's not that compact. Have a look at Canon S90 as well. ;-)

Heidi said...

I have an S90. love love love it. :D But I got this compact as an alternative to my dslr. :)

G11 has the best of both worlds.
Lumix LX3 also not bad. :)

You have to go and get a feel of the cameras, see which fits your hand better...which is easier for you to use...etc. :)

Here's some reviews you might wanna check out:
http://gizmodo.com/5476357/samsungs-best-ever-point+and+shoot-tl500-shoots-raw-with-ultrafast-f18-lens-and-twisty-amoled-screen

http://gizmodo.com/5393112/canon-s90-review-itll-never-leave-my-pocket-except-when-im-taking-pictures

http://gizmodo.com/5389028/canon-g11-review-makes-you-feel-like-a-real-photographer-almost

Jerine said...

Lumix GF1!!!! But it's RM3,700.

lucy said...

Melvin, you'll never regret buying G11. I bought one last year and never look back since. It has both compact + DSLR functions and I am a photograph-maniac and has used all brands, I always loved Olympus but till I bought a Canon G11 last year, I have to say this, Canon has the best colour!

G11 is very much similiar to DSLR, especially with it's manual mode, it's a good learning ground before you actually buy yourself an expensive DSLR.

=)

wen pink said...

Digicam for the win!! hahaha :P

Joshua Yap said...

get it it's good =] no persuasion is needed. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails