Weight Does Not Matter!

Often when I drop by in the McDonald's to grab a chocolate sundae to satisfy the crave for ice cream, in most cases, I complain about the size of the sundae given to me. I don't know but it's just me. I tend to point straight to the posters of the sundae and tell these McD people at the face that the amount of vanilla and chocolate filling the cup is not as I've expected. It's obviously different from what's been shown in the ad posters. It shows the vanilla sticking out from the top of the cup.

"This is intentionally misleading," that would be my usual first sentence to express my dissatisfaction. C'mon, I'm not being mean here, as I don't demand for extra vanilla and chocolate and specifically, with vanilla filling the whole cup with the top sticking out from the cup. What I'm seeing in the poster is what I'm expecting. I don't mind if it's not full enough but please don't give me those nonsense such as "standard" weight. I don't need these people to tell me what's their determined weight of a sundae. Coz I don't see any weight mentioned in the ad posters. You're expecting me to accept the 3/5 sundae filled cup and convince me by putting it on the weighing machine, saying it's the standard weight and Mr. Manager, that's ridiculous! Go and buy a big mac with a piece of the bread or cheese missing and it's still the same weight. All I see is the poster with only the picture of the sundae and the price of it. I don't need it to be exactly the same as what I've seen. But don't give me nonsense with those 3/5 sundae filled cups.

Kudos to Mid Valley Megamall's (LG) McDonald's for the best sundae I've ever seen for quite some time. See... The cup is fully filled and see the top of the vanilla. Yum yum... Well done! To the other outlet managers and their beloved workers, especially from the Bangsar and some other Klang Valley outlets, stop giving me nonsense of the standard weight and give me vanilla and chocolate fudge. Wake up and learn what's the lesson of meeting customers' expectations. Failure to do so is such an embarrassment to the golden arch brand. And I believe it should start from the head, Mr. Manager. Get your stuff right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had one last week in Mid Valley too at the outlet near the cinema. Not as much as urs though but still bearable.
I bet u didn't notice the tiny caption at the bottom of the poster which read
"FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSES ONLY"
That's how most giant corporation get away with the help of exclusion clause (in my opinion, unfair law)

Anonymous said...

ur lame

Related Posts with Thumbnails