Oral Care Day

It's been so long since I drop by at the dental clinic.

Today, with limited choice (after in pain and not being able to sleep due to toothache), I've to call for help from Dr Chuah, the dentist in his clinic opposite Puduraya. Although the clinic looked quite scary from the outside as it is located on the ground floor among the row of old shoplots directly opposite the bus station, going in brought me back the warm feeling of seeing a dentist. He was the only dentist I know who is really caring about his patients where in most cases, dentists tend to have aura that keeps people away, haha (at least for me!) All in all, I like the way he talks throughout the process where it makes one feels comfortable with a dentist.

And seriously, it was really warmly of the visit and this brought me back to the memory when I was last there. I had a surgery to extract my baby tooth. Although it was a surgery, it was really no sweat. Instead of becoming a dentist who is just working on your tooth and that's all, he takes the fear of cutting the gum and drilling the tooth out of you. It has been about 5 years since then. A bit regret for not going to the dentist regularly. Now, I'm in deep trouble.

It took me about an hour to patch two teeth and did root canal on another two teeth. Overall, the process of performing root canal cost me RM1000. Well, I believe, rather than removing the teeth, paying for root canal is more worth it. As money can be earned again, but extracting the tooth will mean permanent loss.

Well, at least Dr Chuah was kind enough to give me discounts where supposedly, the cost will looked like this (standard price set by the dental governing body for private clinics):

Root canal (2nd Molar) - RM800 and above
Root canal (1st Molar) - RM600 and above
Patching (2 Teeth) - RM80
Total: RM1480 and above
Yet, he just charged me RM1000 nett. And to my relief, he allowed me payment via installment.
Will have to see him again for another 2 more sessions. Root canal is not done in only one visit where assessment and follow up are required within 4 weeks. Don't mind la... Parking is not a problem, that's what important!
Cheers.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails