A Problem That Has To Be Solved

It seems that I'm still stuck with the problem of the commitment of members in the Local Committee of AIESEC in TBS, an usual setback for every term's board, after a series of motivation meets, conferences and speech. However, dealing with this, I've no other choice but to be bold in my decision - replacing the EBs with a new group of people who have just been recruited.

Something has to be done and I've finally come to this drastic step as I've enough of excuses after excuses for failing to turn up for weekly meets and planning meets. I don't mind the level of experience of the newbies because I believe - It's better to train someone who's willing to work than someone who lacks the drive to work. Save the motivating job for the newbies. Save my time too as the LC is really running out of time to prove ourselves that we're on the right track for Full Status LC.

A funny news here that I've got for myself is, Local Committee Planning Meet (LCPM) is a meet where all the EBs will set expectations among and towards the LC and plan for the year's events and projects but the fact is, the response I've got from the LC regarding the planning meet that confirmed their attendance are mostly non-EBs. A case of shock which reaffirmed my decision to replace some members of the EB.

My concern is still the Exchange part. We're still stuck with no-realizations after two terms and this is the final term to prove that we're capable to do exchanges. I'm sorry to say this, but I don't think my Exchange team is doing a good job, especially on the ICX side. Credits are given to the OGX as the VP is still fresh and new but at least she's shown the will to work together towards a common goal this year and I'm more than willing to guide her towards our first OGX realization. However, to ensure that my ICX is moving, the newbies will be taught and trained of the process of the flow in ICX in this Saturday's planning meet. I've no choice but to save time and do two things at the same time - Training and planning.

Till then, I hope that the planning meet will turn out to be a productive one. All the best for the members who'll miss out on a great opportunity to learn and walk with us in AIESEC.

1 comments:

anisha said...

Hey way to go Melvin!

I'm quite confident that you and your new team will be able to create that difference and find the relevance of this organisation to your members and your area:P

And i do have to agree with you that, commitment of an individual is far more important than having the knowledge and experience!:)

All the best... LC TBS in MNC 2006? Let's do this together...

Related Posts with Thumbnails