Kick-Off Affairs

To be frank, HP Kick-Off 2008 @ One World Hotel, themed 'A Night of Jazz', was the earliest dinner event I've ever attended. The registration started at 5.30pm! Attended by about 1.5k employees in the organisation, the hall was so huge, I couldn't even dare to enter and search by my own and I waited for my colleagues to arrive so they could lead me to the 'right' places.

The food was good indeed (the menu was all about Portobello mushrooms, akaka) as what some of my friends had told me about before who had prior event at the venue. Kick-Off was further graced by 2 great hosts/emcees namely a jokingly cute guy with a great voice, Melvin (co-incidently who has the same name as mine, but different surname) and Serena C, well-known celebrity (program host and Mix FM DJ).

Two hosts of the event - Melvin and Serena C

The appetizer


....And first performance by Joanne Yeoh who plays great songs through her awesome blue violin.

Joanne Yeoh, introducing herself and her title before each song

The gorgeously Joanne Yeoh, impressing the crowd with one of her favourite plays

The soup - Mushroom

After the performance by Joanne, it was game time for the crowd. We had to choose one of the lucky guys from the table to be totally made over. Ralph was the chosen one of our table. What happened was shown in the pictures below:

Theng Theng began the make-over process

Ralph, after the make-over...

Unfortunately, when Melvin began selecting the top 10 best looking 'transformed' men of the evening, our Ralph was not one of them. Tough luck! The chosen ones are shown below:


The chosen 10 best looking 'made-over' men of the evening


The Main Course...

The dessert... ice cream, yum yum.

Shing Yee, Fund Fund and I


A snapshot with Melvin and Serena C


Best dressed male and female of the night.


Next, it was Adibah Noor, the famous Malaysian comedian and singer. She was too good to be described and she just melted our hearts away with her voice serenading a couple of popular jazz titles.


Adibah Noor with her captivating performance


Fund Fund in one of the games of the evening. She was actually attempting to draw an alphabet with her...erm, back, lol.


Then, it was another performance from our great Malaysian singer, the Malaysian Idol and Asian Idol, Jacquline Victor!


Jacq in one of her singing acts.


Manage to catch Jacq for a snapshot while she's performing (when she walked towards my strategic table, lol)


Justine, participating in the final game of the evening where she did pole-dancing on Melvin.




Caught her in another position. Basically, she was like running around Melvin like a merry-go-round, haha.



Me, posing with my lucky number, 1136.


Basically, I was waiting anxiously for my lucky number to be drawn by the computer which was shown on the screen at both sides of the main stage since they started drawing in the 1st round. There was 3 rounds of lucky draw and a total of 160 prizes to be given away which include Nintendo Wiis, I-Pods, PSPs, Sony Ericsson mobiles, iPaQs, surround system, 42-inch LCD TVs and the grand price, 47-inch (LCD/Plasma?) TV.


Just when I thought it was almost the end for me when many numbes had been drawn in the final round of the lucky draw, out of nowhere, my number popped up in the screen for one of the prizes which is worth about RM3K. Unbelievable...



Shen, who made the night happen for everyone and I


Fund Fund and I posed for a picture before leaving


Ralph and I

Justine and I

Last shot before heading off, TJ and I

Overall, the event was no doubt, a success. It was the first annual company event I've ever joined and most of all, I have to thank Shen for involving me in the event and HP for the wonderful lucky draw prize. Bravo!

Cheers.







0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails